: Farouk Aregbe
: 2h 23m
If you are looking to acquire new skills, start a career or make a change this is the course for you. Whether you are preparing to work with data or build software, this class provides a step-by-step introduction to SQL (also known as SEQUEL). This is part one of a 2 part course
In this course you will:
• Learn how a database works
• Create a world-class database like the pros
• Write SQL queries
• Store and retrieve information from the database
• Test your knowledge with in-course quizzes
• Have fun learning Together we cover the following topics:
== Beginnings ==
• Select, From and Where
• And, Or
• In, Not In, Between
• Is Null, Is Not Null
• Like and Wildcards
== Aggregate Functions==
• Count and Distinct
• Sum, Average, Min and Max
• Working With Groups (Group By, Order By, Having)
• Giving Nicknames (Aliases)
== CRUD ==
• Delete, Drop
== More Than One Table ==
• Inner Join
• Left Outer Join
• Right Outer Join
• Full Outer Join
• Aliases For Tables
Projects & Resources
The project for this class consists of two part which you will complete throughout the course.
PART 1: For part 1, you will create a world class oracle database and load data into it. Share a picture of your database once created.
PART 2: For part 2, as you go over the class please answer the following questions and post your answers
1) Write a query that will return the name, degree, city and totaldonated for alums with a BIOLOGY or STATISTICS degree
2) Find all alums that have a last name starting with an M.
3) How many alums have in each city have donated at least $1?
Remember to have some fun and make the learning process your own.
• Data Science